The Oxfam Trailwalker Safety Briefing sessions is for all 2018 participants and their support crew.
What is briefing night?
At Safety Briefing Night, Oxfam Trailwalker staff will cover important logistical and safety information for teams and support crews including:
• what to expect on the day
• on-the-day registration information, including registration times
• what documents you will need to bring with you to the start
• essential event updates
• what to expect at the checkpoints
• last minute weather/ trail conditions
Team briefing packs for all teams will also be available for collection. This pack contains:
• important forms you need to bring with you to registration on the day
• support crew car pass (only one per team)
There will also be some exciting competitions on the night!
*It is compulsory for at least one member of each team to attend this evening and support crews are also invited to attend. If no one from your team is able to attend on the night we will send out your briefing pack the next day, although attendance is highly recommended.
Date: 14 June – 6.30pm or 7pm – Venue: UQ Abel Smith Lecture Theatre
You only need to attend either the 5pm or 7pm session, not both! Arrive from 30 minutes prior to your chosen session to collect your briefing pack, chat to Oxfam staff and visit the Paddy Pallin Pop-Up shop for those last minute essentials.
The briefing will last for approximately 75 minutes.
For our interstate/overseas teams, your briefing packs will be posted to you, unless we are otherwise notified by you.
How to get there?
For further information, please contact us via email or call us on 07 3637 4647