We need night owls
Oxfam Trailwalker is a huge logistical affair which couldn’t run without the help of our generous and dedicated volunteers.We need about 650 volunteers to help us run each event.
We have all kinds of jobs for all kinds of people.
But most of all, we need people to help us on overnight shifts. Overnight shifts are where our teams need the most support to push through the night and make it across that finish line.
This year we are offering volunteers who sign up and work on an overnight shift a chance to win an Oxfam gift hamper filled with goodies from the Oxfam Shop.
Double or triple your chance to win!
Sign up with a friend and double your chances, or sign up for a leadership role such as Checkpoint Coordinator, Assistant Checkpoint Coordinator or Parking Coordinator to triple your chances to win. *Please see full terms and conditions below.
Need help choosing a shift or have a question?
If you need help with anything at all, get in touch by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 02 8204 3980.
The chance to win is not all you’ll receive
We’ve got your midnight munchies covered. All of our Checkpoints are fully stocked with coffee, tea and lollies.
You’ll receive a fancy new Keep Cup courtesy of Paddy Pallin!
Thanks to event sponsors Paddy Pallin, you’ll receive a Keep Cup to use at the event and then take home. It’s our way of saying thank you. But in using it, you will be doing your bit to reduce waste when you reuse it for takeaway coffee, chai or whatever drink tickles your fancy. Pack it in your bag and use it at the office or at your local coffee shop.
We’ve partnered with Oliver’s Real Foods for your volunteer snacks
All volunteers, regardless of their shift, will receive a snack pack which includes a protein bar, crisps, freeze dried fruit and a coconut water to keep you going as the midnight oil burns.
Whatever your motivation to volunteer with us, we look forward to seeing you out on the beautiful Sydney trail. Call us anytime on 02 8204 3980 or send an email to email@example.com if you’d like to chat about finding the right volunteer job for you.
Terms and conditions
The promoter of this competition is Oxfam Australia ABN 18 055 208 636.
The prize draw is open to Western Australia residents only.
- The prize is an Oxfam Hamper to the value of RRP $200AUD, provided to us by one of our generous sponsors.
- The prize is open to all Oxfam Trailwalker Perth 2018 volunteers who have signed up for and attended a scheduled overnight shift at Oxfam Trailwalker Perth 2018. Overnight shifts are any shifts that start between 9:30pm and 12:30am and finish anytime the following morning.
- The closing date of the prize draw is 5:00pm AEST Tuesday 02 October 2018 whereby volunteers must have registered for their shift online. One entry per person will be provided to each eligible volunteer who has signed up for an overnight shift as per the volunteer schedule. Volunteers have the opportunity to double or triple their chances as outlined below.
- Double your chances to win: an additional entry per person will be provided for volunteers who sign up a friend on the same shift. The friend will also receive an entry into the draw. For example, volunteer A registers for an overnight shift and registers volunteer B at the same time. Volunteer A will receive two entries and Volunteer B will receive two entries.
- Triple your chances to win: a volunteer who signs up for an overnight shift in a leadership role such as Checkpoint Coordinator, Assistant Checkpoint Coordinator or Parking Coordinator will receive three entries per overnight shift.
- To be eligible to win the prize, entrants must have attended their full shift at Oxfam Trailwalker Perth 2018. Entrants must have been signed in and out by the Checkpoint Coordinator or Assistant Checkpoint Coordinator.
- The draw will be performed by a random computer process.
- The prize draw will take place on Tuesday 09 October 2018 at the Oxfam Melbourne office, 132 Leicester St, Carlton VIC 3560.
- The winning volunteer will be announced on Tuesday 09 October 2018 via Oxfam Trailwalker Social Media Channels. The winner will also be contacted by telephone and email.
- If the winner does not respond to Oxfam Australia within 14 days of being notified by email or telephone, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Oxfam shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize).
- If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Oxfam shall be entitled to select another winner.
- Oxfam Australia accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.In accepting this prize you and your team are agreeing to Oxfam Australia using photos of you receiving the prize in their promotional materials and are also agreeing to Oxfam and reporting on the event in question.